Respite Break – Pre-Application
It’s great to hear you would like to apply for a respite break with Yorkshire Children’s Trust at one of our homes away from home at Butlins in Skegness. Just before we ask you to complete the application form, we just need to make you aware of a few facts.
Please ensure you read and understand the following application summary:
1. The respite breaks will be provided on an accommodation only basis and the charity do not provide any entertainment passes or food plans. The charity are offering a respite break at their holiday home and not a Butlins holiday experience. However, Butlins may be able to provide access to the main resort, this is purely at their discretion and out of control of the charity and is subject to the full resort being open (the main site is closed in off-peak periods), and no restrictions are in place for private events or age restricted events such as Music Weekends.
We ask guests to assume and plan for having no main resort access, and if this does become available it is then a nice bonus!
2. Applications take about 4-8 weeks to be processed. If you are successful for a respite break, you will be offered the first available date, this could be in as little as a couple of weeks from being accepted if we have had a cancellation or may be a several weeks later depending on how busy our caravans are.
3. The charity cannot accommodate specific date requests as we are not a holiday company. Our aim is to provide a respite break at the earliest opportunity to aid positive mental health for your family unit.
4. We can not allow friends, or extended family (such as cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents etc) on our breaks. Although it is being offered as a free respite break to you, it does cost the charity money to provide this service, and our breaks are for your immediate family unit only, which is expected to be usually, the parents/legal guardians and siblings of the child the break is being offered to.
5. If your application is successful, we will ask for family members details for the purpose of providing the break and then you will receive an invoice for £150. This consists of a £75 security deposit against breakages/damages and a £75 fee for cleaning and the provision of bedding for your stay. Our invoices need to be paid within 7 days to secure your respite break.
6. The information provided on this page is a summary of the main points of the service, the application will be subject to the application terms and conditions, and the resort terms and conditions.